Monday, July 21, 2008

It's Here!

No, it's not the baby. :) Today is my due date and he's still very happily staying indoors. I will see the doctor on Wednesday and we'll see what he has to say. So much for 39 weeks, huh? Oh well. It's been very good practice at being content with God's timetable instead of mine. I've had a couple of rough spots where I felt like I was going crazy. Actually, almost every morning now that I think of it. But I'm really trying to submit my heart to God's plan for each day.

What we did get, though, is that furniture. It has turned out better than I expected. It's a loft bed with another bed that comes out at an L shape. Then it has a five drawer dresser, a small wardrobe, and a bookshelf all of which fits nicely under the loft bed. So it will be pretty compact, which is great for the wall space in Rebecca's room. It is pretty scuffed and dinged, but we'll clean it with some oil soap and that should help. That will probably have to wait until after the baby comes, though. :)

We met with our pastor last week about fost-adopting. Although what he said was very challenging to me, it was good. The two things I took away from it were first that our natural kids have to come first. This is something that we learned in our foster care orientation class, but our talk with our pastor strengthened that resolve in my mind. Second, I had started to hold on to this whole idea like it had to happen instead of holding it with an open hand. Although I firmly believe that fost-adoption is in our future, if I hold on to it tightly and don't let God be the one to make it happen, we will have a disaster on our hands. So I need to guard my heart regarding that.

So, we haven't had any big developments, but I thought I'd share our little victories. Hopefully, my next post will involve pictures of a cute little newborn. :)

2 comments:

Robbie said...

And I didn't go up and see the furnoture when we dropped the boys off, of course we were quickly off to another appointment. I am glad you got it though.

Isn't that just like a baby to keep their own timetable...like not sleeping well...eating at odd hours... :)Can;t wait to cuddle our new little one, #12!

Love you! Mama

Michelle said...

I'm glad that furniture is going to work out so well! Can't wait to meet baby Stroup #5.

One thing God has been talking to me a lot about lately is getting "out of the boat" to walk with Him on the water. It seems crazy to get out of the seemingly safe boat in the middle of a storm. Common sense says that of course we're going to sink in the waves and drown. But when we do step out into the wind and waves, keeping our eyes focused on His face, we realize that our footing is firm after all. For what we can't see from the boat is that right under water is the Rock, and our footing is firmer than it was in the rocking boat.

I hope that encourages you -- it has certainly encouraged me this past week.

Love,
Michelle