Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I did it!

I just managed to add a button to my blog from a source that was incorrect! But with a little research and using someone else's html code with my changes made, I fixed the problem and now I have a beautiful "Drawn from Water" button on my blog!

Drawn from Water is very near and dear to my heart. It is an orphanage in Africa that rescues "Mingi" children who are marked to die because of tribal superstition. Our church started this orphanage to rescue the children and find adoptive homes for these kids who would not have survived otherwise. The picture you see is of the first child rescued, who has now been legally adopted by a wonderful family in our church. They are heading to Africa in a few weeks to meet her and bring her home. Please take a minute to read the blog. I'm pretty sure that this is one of God's favorite ministries on earth right now. ;)

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Wow! The new blog design looks great and so does the button! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Chelsea. :)

Michelle said...

I agree with Chelsea. So ... do I sense an adoption coming in the future ... ? ;-)

Unknown said...

If you mean from Africa, we don't feel led in that direction. But if/when God brings that opportunity along, we'll for sure jump! We could actually still adopt through the foster care system for the next 1.5 years. That door isn't completely closed.