Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Tank

My kids have been asking every day this week, "Have we gotten the tax return yet?" So today I was very happy to announce to them this morning that we got the return and were ready to buy the van. It's been like waiting to go to Disneyland around here this past week. So, we rounded up and headed out to Danny's house.

While we were at Danny's house, we got a chance to know him and his family a little bit better. He told us some about what it was like growing up in Romania and how he came to America. We talked about big families and God's faithfulness. I think we could have talked all day, if we had the time. They just have the same heart as we do. And if we don't have enough in common, we also found out that he works at the grocery store right down the street from us! I have probably walked right past him a dozen times without knowing it. How amazing is that?! This van has really been so much more than a business transaction for us. It's been the beginning of a relationship.

So, we're ready. The final step to complete our certification is the interviews. I'm hoping to hear from our social worker at Koinonia soon. I'm hoping to find out who our social worker will be! But we have done everything that we can on our end of the deal. Now the adventure is really beginning!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Christal. That vehicle is enormous inside! 3 rows!!! Simply huge.

I think this thing could effectively be dubbed, "The Stroup Troop Transport"

Robbie said...

Exciting times. I really like the picture of the kids in the bus.
Daddy

Unknown said...

That's good, Mike. Except I think "The Tank" is going to stick. Simple, descriptive, to the point. Yeah.

Charlotte said...

Hmm... I think the adventure began on Feb 4, 1999.... ;) Or maybe it was June 27, 1997... Or maybe it was even before then! Just goes to show, we can't know the plans of God!

Your family looks dwarfed in that tank!!