Wednesday, May 20, 2009

In the Middle of Something Great

You know how you go through life moment by moment, day by day but don't really see the whole picture? Then, God breaks in and something happens that makes you step back and say, "Wow, I'm totally in the middle of an amazing plan of God!" That's how tonight felt to me. I got to be part of a life-changing God moment.

Tonight I got to meet a newborn baby boy. The amazing thing about this little boy, born on May 19th, my birthday, is that he is an orphan. He was born at 10:11 in the morning, eleven minutes after his birth mother walked into the hospital. But her life does not allow her to keep him, so she surrendered him to the hospital immediately. And because of God's goodness, the social worker who was involved in this case has also worked with my good friend who already has two adopted children. So the social worker called my friend to find out if she and her husband would like to take this baby. Within two hours, they were on the road to the hospital, which happens to be here in my town, to meet their new son. And so, just like that they have a baby.

As soon as I heard the news, I was on my way to meet this new little guy. He is just perfect. He actually looks like his adopted sister. Really, it's unbelievable how much alike they look. He has these hugely long feet and big hands. So I think he's going to be a pretty tall guy. And his fuzzy hair is dark, but we'll see what it ends up being.

While I was there I got to hear some of his history. Even though the circumstances surrounding his conception were not good, his birth mom made sure that she took good care of herself while she was pregnant. She didn't smoke or drink or anything like that. So she really cared for him. And she did all that knowing that she was not going to raise this child. She had the choice to abort this unwanted child, but she gave him the gift of his life. And that's amazing. She's an amazing woman, even if she doesn't know it. I am so grateful that she loved him enough to do this.

God really has rescued this little boy. He rescued him in his womb from a premature death. And he even rescued him from going into the foster care system by giving him a godly home right from the start. I'm amazed that this baby is less than one day old and abandoned. But he already has a permanent family. I mean, it's not like his birth mom read through the profiles of many prospective parents and chose the one that she thought would be best for her baby. This baby could have very easily ended up in the foster care system. But God plucked him right up and placed him into a wonderful family where he will be raised in the love of the Lord. Tonight, I truly got to experience a miracle. God is so able to do whatever he sees fit to do. All our plans and systems are nothing to him. He is so worthy of our praise and adoration.

1 comment:

Sarge said...

Wow that is great. This is truly a miracle. Christal you are so good at bringing the reader around. Thanks for starting my day off with such great news.

Daddy